An Account Executive maintains and develops relationships with media and clients, establishes working relationships with national business, trade, and broadcast media. Account Executives participate in strategic and tactical planning. Account Executives staff trade shows, as well as plan and staff media and analyst tours.
- Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, analysts, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client’s message
- Communicate with team to implement strategies and execute various tasks
- Write and distribute basic materials, including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, prepared remarks, and pitch letters
- Respond to standard media inquiries
- Research clients subject matter and become fluent in the terms, issues, trends, happenings, news, and innovation in clients business and industry.
- Represent client at events or trade shows
- Develop and implement marketing plans
- Manage special event logistics and promotion
- Develop materials – website content, blog and feature articles, newsletters, etc.
- Execute email marketing campaigns
- Execute publication outreach
- Execute social media outreach – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Program and budget management
- Assist in client administration duties such as billing and reporting
- Assist in the research and preparation of new business proposals as requested
- Must have 2-4 years agency (or similar) experience
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Event logistics experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to facilitate organization of project details
- Business presentation skills
- Ability to work within assigned budgets
Other Recommended Qualifications
- Experience in the technology industry
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention how you heard of the position, your salary requirements, and make sure to include your full name and the position you are applying for in the email subject line.